Gorgeous, there is no end 🙂 My personal challenge was to learn how to combine shooting workouts and doing my main job. When I meet people who read my blog, they think my job is to shoot workouts. Actually my job is to communicate by emails with my clients (Bulgarian only). We work for better shape and good health. I adapt, cook up recipes in healthy version with real food only. I think and shoot workouts in my spare time 😉
It’s really great that I accomplished this mission! It was very hard for me, and only because I promised to so many people, I continue to the end. I shot about 80 workouts up to now. I was really careful not to shoot “kind of workouts”. I wanted to shoot real workouts even if I felt it too much, I will talk about too much later.
The challenge ends on 26th of December, just a day after the big Christmas dinner. I’ve planned a workout to burn calories with – this means a loong workout. If you want to burn calories with workouts, you have to do long workouts but no maximum efforts. There is no way to work out long time and with max effort.
On January 5th we continue to work out with a weekly training plan.
There will be new things, we have to develop all the time, right 🙂
1. We will do one workout weekly with bigger weights. We’ve talked about the stress and how adapting it develops ourselves. Read what Bret wrote about the benefits of lifting weights 🙂 We don’t want to get used to the same workouts and that’s why it’s good to do a workout with bigger weights. Why only one? Because women are afraid to build muscles. The bigger the weights, the bigger the muscles. BUT one workout weekly with 15-20 kg weights won’t make us super muscular.
I think that this is the ideal variant to become stronger but not with huge muscles. I will work with 15 kg fixed weight barbell.
Of course, everybody can train with the equipment she/he has – dumbbells, bag, a bottle of water… I share with you the optimal variant. If we are going to train forever, it’s better to invest in things you use every day. There are holidays, occasions, tell your friends what you would like to have as a present. Instead of having more and more clothes (10 years ago I wouldn’t write this, I was a shopaholic and I bought clothes all the time!).
2. I want to teach you how to hold yourself on pull-up bar 🙂 It’s not difficult, I learnt for 40 days and I don’t think I am naturally gifted. I achieved all my goals with really hard, constantly work, that shows that everybody can.
3. One workout weekly will be yoga. The day after the workout with big weights is good the muscles to rest, so stretching would be great. I do yoga but I am not a certified yoga trainer and my technique is not good. I know how to do the exercises but I can’t show them. That’s why I don’t shoot yoga. BUT there are so many yoga videos online and I will post what I chose for you. A video which I tested and I think is good for stretching and relaxing after the hard workout.
4. One do do workout – I fell in love with these workouts. How long is 10 seconds!
5. Two workouts will be the same like now – a combination of strength and cardio exercises. May be one workout will be all strength (no jumps) and the other cardio or HIIT.
I will keep you interested and will not fix exact schedule. Probably in a couple of months I will change the schedule so we will keep developing ourselves.
Most of the workouts will be shorter. During these 90 days I overtrained. There are days when I shoot workouts over an hour and I feel tired. I became weak, I don’t do the push ups with proper form, oh my god what I am talking about my own workouts 🙁 It’s more that I can handle. For a certain period of time it’s OK, but not forever.
I read in your comments that there are people who work out longer, which is great. Train as long as you feel good and satisfied. But it’s not possible for me to keep training like this with the health challenges, physiques and age I have. I will shoot my real workouts, which will be shorter. Who wants a longer workout, just do one more round.
I would like to publish the week’s schedule in advance and at once, so you know what comes next and you can plan your time – this is the next thing I have to work on more. Up to now, I did diets during the day and after I’ve done my work, I published the workout for the day. I want to change it and I’m thinking what to do. I hear what you need 🙂
Finally: on 5th of January we continue to work out. Between 26.12 – 5.01 I advice you to choose a favorite week of the 90 day challenge and to repeat it, because we won’t take 10 days rest. There will be big meals, that’s for sure 😀
If you have any suggestions, write them in the comments bellow 🙂 I hear you!
I am very happy that you decided to teach us how to do pull -ups. I think it is a wonderful and very effective exercise, especially for people with sitting jobs and back problems. I sometimes use a balance ball instead of a chair, while doing hip raises or but lifts. I also use it for abs. I like it so far and it isn’t very expensive to buy one, so that would be mine suggestion for the future 🙂
Enjoy your rest Rumi, you worked so hard during these 90 days and you definitely deserve it!
In the next workout program there will be stabilyt ball too 🙂