Goregous, a new workout from 90 day challenge 🙂 This workout is hard but it there is a less challenging verssion.
This is a circuit training in 3 parts.
After every round do 10 Burpees
Burpee is an exercise with following moves:
1. Squat and put hands on the ground (straight back)
2. Jump to plank
3. Push up – go as low as you can (chest to floor)
4. Jump from plank to squat
5. From squat, jump up
I part – 2 rounds – after every round do 10 Burpees
1. From plank to downward dog and dumbbel to opposite ankel + plank and dumbbell forward to arm-torso-leg in a straight line – 30 reps dumbbell in a LEFT arm
Usually I do this exercise with a lighter dumbbell because it is challenging and with a bigger dumbbell proper form suffers. You can do this exercise with water bottles.
2. V sit with twist – 10
3. Lie on your stomach, hold legs lifted off the ground – lift torso+side arms – 10
4. Like 1. RIGHT arm
*After these 4 exercises – 10 Burpees and after that 1 more round.
II part – Butt activation – 1 round
Because of the many hours spend in a sitting position many people can’t activate glute muscles in a workout. This means that they do exercises mainly with quadriceps (front thigh muscles). I recommend before every glute workout to activate glutes with such old school exercises.
1. On a chair – raise leg back and reach up – 50 reps for every leg.
2. On a chair – side leg raise – 50 for every leg
You can do both exercises on the floor but on a chair the range of motion is bigger.
III part – 2 rounds – 10 Burpees after every round
1. Chair step up with dumbbells – 25 reps for every leg
Push hips backwards and step up slowly, no momentum, control the movement.
If you want bigger arms do bicep curls with left leg step ups and side raise with right leg step up. I didn’t do this because I don’t want bigger arms. I work out my arms with exercises for the back (bicep) and chest (tricep).
Do you like this workout?
I like it a lot, it reaaly worked my total body. What about you?