This workout is very good for abs. I don’t believe in crunches and I think they are not the best abdominal exercises because they work out abs not in a natural way. Abdominal and back muscles are responsible for keeping body in upright position and to support good posture.
My vision is that you have to work out muscles for their function. Do you see people walking on the street and bending down (like doing crunches)? No, you can’t see anybody doing this. Everybody wants a good posture and this means strong abdominal and back muscles to keep body upright. The the natural way to work out abs is to engage them in stabilizing exercises like Planks, or movements that challenge balance.
Of course for variety, from time to time I do crunches but honestly I include them more often when I film workouts because people like them 🙂
Circuit training, do 3 rounds for time, don’t sacrifice proper form!
1. Lunge backward LEFT leg+Plie jump + Lunge backward RIGHT leg – 20
2. Plank to Child pose jumps – 20
3. Single leg jump + other leg raises – 20 reps each leg
4. Chair child jumps – 20
5. From knees – opposite leg-arm hold – 15 each
6. Single leg push up + knee to opposite art to 3 – 10
7. Renegade rows – alternating arm – 50
8. Butterfly raises + back activation – 20
9. Chair plank jump to squat – 20
I loved this workout. I felt my muscles depleted in a good way. My heart rate and breathing increased a lot and I like to have more oxygen in my body – this is good for my health.
Reminder: support workout with proper eating – only whole foods like – veggies, fruit, nuts, seeds, free range eggs, no antibiotics dairy, meat and fish.